Feed on

The other day we noticed our lights at the office flicker and the facilities people at the datacenter logged a brief voltage sag. It turns out there was a guy in east Austin who broke into an Austin Energy substation to steal copper wiring. Several articles report he got into live conductors, was hit with 80,000 volts and was engulfed in flame. Amazingly, the bastard survived (for now) with 100% burns to his body and he was flown to the burn unit at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio.

Leave a Reply